Chicken Enchilada Veggie Soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups low sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 15 oz can cuban style black beans
- 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- (2) 8 oz skinless chicken breasts…(mine were frozen)
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 C chopped carrots
- 1/2 C chopped celery
Garnish (per serving):
- 1/8 avocado
- 1 TBSP fat free greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP low fat shredded cheddar and colby jack cheese
- sprinkle of cilantro
- sprinkle of chopped green onions
Sauté olive oil w/garlic and onions for about 3 minutes.
Add in chicken broth and tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
Add cilantro and remove from heat. In crockpot, add black beans, canned tomatoes, cumin, and oregano.
Pour in broth mixture and add in frozen chicken (or non-frozen chicken).
Cook on low for 4 hours. Cut veggies.
Remove chicken shred and add back into crockpot.
Add cut veggies to crockpot, cook for another 20-30 minutes. Garnish with cilantro, green onions, cheese, avocado, and greek yogurt (or sour cream if you want).
So delicious and full of healthy veggies. And the yogurt adds just the right kick! This is one of my new fav recipes!
Serving size: 1.5 cups
WW Points Plus per serving: 5 (before garnish) 8 (after)
© 2012, Fire Lites Fire. All rights reserved.