I came across this picture after everyone left on Monday and cracked up laughing!!!
Isn’t that every Mother’s Day?? Do us mother’s ever get a break??!!
I am now officially starting to hit that ‘wall’. I am mentally ready to just hibernate and be a hermit the rest of the month. So far this week I am trying to get and keep my house in order but with very little motivation to do it. I am getting tired and feeling just brain fried. I know I haven’t caught up on sleep yet but I also have that ‘unwelcome visitor’ looming just days ahead causing every thing to be magnified…..I am just wanting to be a hermit, just stare at the TV or computer screen all day with my hand in a bag of crunchy chips or greasy french fries and then rotate it with ice cream. I am starting to get the salty munchies something fierce!!!
I keep having this inner thought battle with myself that seems like its each moment of each day…..’I don’t wanna get up’…….’but you need to get up for your kids and do your routines, you know you will feel better’……..’I want that bag of chips’…….’no you don’t’………’oh yes I do!!! and you can’t stop me!’……….’you’re gonna regret that later’……….
Its like the devil on one shoulder and angel on the other!!! I won’t bore you with the rest of my crazy ‘self talk’ but I’m sure you catch the drift. Please tell me I’m not the only one who has days (or weeks) that they do this??!!!
Its in weeks like this – with exhaustion and PMS – that I have to physically and consciously make an effort to make good choices.
- This is when I have to force myself get dressed for the day because I have things that need to get done and I don’t have the luxury of laying in bed all day today. But I let myself have a nap later to catch up on some rest.
- I have to make myself go to my WeightWatchers meeting when I just want to be a hermit and stay at home curled up on the couch in my pajamas cause I know I will feel more uplifted and motivated.
- I have to convince myself to do a workout – even trying Pilates for the first time ever because I know those endorphins will make me feel better.
- I have to make myself bypass all the fast food chains with greasy, salty french fries that I am craving to instead come home and fix a good ole’ hearty protein waffle for lunch instead because I know its healthier for me.
- I have to force myself to take a picture of everything I eat instead of hiding from my dietSNAPS food journal even though I might be more ‘snack-y’ than usual.
My thought at this point is that as long as I only have one leg or arm off the bandwagon and I don’t completely jump :)……..then I will make it through this week. I just have to trudge through the next few days doing those things that I know make me feel better till I feel ‘normal’ again.
PS-Disclaimer – I will be having some french fries at some point this weekend!!
Here are some Pinterest quotes that say exactly what I have been thinking or feeling at one time or another so far this week……….just imagine – a roller coaster!! (I promise I’m really not
that crazy! )
After this weekend this will be my focus……….
I can’t wait!!!
Where I wanna be right now………..
Do you ever have those times when you just don’t feel ‘yourself’??
What do you do to push through??
© 2012, Fire Lites Fire. All rights reserved.