Yesterday, we celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary! It’s crazy to think of how much time has gone by and ALL the life we have lived in those years! Here we are back in 1995 at the age of 21 ready to take on the world together!
And here we are last night before going to dinner!!
I knew we would be going out to dinner, so I tried to keep my points low during the day to prepare for the feast! Also- I worked out hard! Haha! I first ran 5 miles with the girls in the morning….. followed by 30 minutes of intense elliptical and 10 minutes of level 12 inclines. Torry surprised me at the gym when he stopped by to give me a kiss on his way out to work. Really turned on the charm yesterday morning…
Pre Work Out – 2pts
Went to my Weight Watchers meeting where I lost an AMAZING .2 lbs! Yay- Maintained for another month. I received my Lifetime Bravo sticker and felt a huge sigh of relief for surviving Halloween this year! Seriously folks… only 2 more major holidays left for 2011!!! 😉 Zone Bar – 5pts
Came back home and had a yummy protein pancake – 5pts
2 Cups of veggies! (1 cup spaghetti squash and 1 cup roasted veggies) – 0pts
Banana Soft Serve W/ Raspberries – 0pts
Started out with a piece or 2 (or 3) of bread….
My 3 pieces of the Avocado Egg Rolls! (This is one of my favorite things to have there!) The sauce is what really “does” it for me…. 😉
Mexican Chicken Lettuce Wrap Tacos
PER SERVING (entire order): 250 calories, 3g saturated fat, 1,017mg sodium, 14g carbs
“THE FIND OF THE DAY! Not only would this be a fun app to share with two buddies (there are 3 “tacos” per order), but it could also easily double as a main meal for one! The (gorgeous!) tacos are actually leaves of lettuce filled with chicken, veggies, avocado, roasted corn salsa, and a creamy sauce; plus, they’re served with another salsa on the side.”
And a side of corn cakes…..
I really took time to enjoy this dinner – it was so ooo OOO good!
After we ate, we walked and talked around the Galleria…. over all, it was a perfect night. With Torry gone so much of the time traveling for work, it feels like rare opportunities when we get time with just the two of us. I really enjoyed being with him. He is my number 1 thing I am THANKFUL for!
I realized I am behind on our BEING THANKFUL Challenge!!! Since today is 11-11-11….. I will be catching up by listing 11 reasons I am Thankful!
So, like I said above…..
1. My husband, Torry is number one! So happy and thankful to share my life with him!
2. My boys! They are the BEST and I feel like the luckiest mom in the world. They are at a really fun age right now. If only time could stand still!
3. My extended family- always keeping life fun and interesting!! It has been really great to see how all of our relationships have grown over the years!
4. My faith – I am a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints and I have really come to appreciate the gospel teachings I have received throughout my life. They truly are something I have come to rely on. Heavenly Father loves each one of his children and has a plan for them. I feel so much comfort from the gospel message.
5. Friends- I have had several very close friends in my life and I love them all! It is refreshing to be accepted and loved by a close friend.
6. Running!!! Seriously grateful for my love of running…. whether on a solo run, training for a marathon, running with a group, etc…. There is something special about this sport.
7. Weight Watchers- It changed my life! I was finally able to shed over 50 unwanted pounds! I could never be more grateful!
8. New Running Shoes! Oh wait, is that part of #6? It really is one of my favorite things in life!
9. Having 2 new cars after driving “beaters” for years!
10. THIS BLOG! It has been so fun to work with Carman and Cyndi on this project together! It keeps us accountable and it’s a fun place to share our life with you!
11. This awesome scarf that Cyndi brought be from Europe! I texted her this pic to make sure I was wearing it correctly… and she gave me her official stamp of approval! Always a good thing!
Backing up to Wednesday’s Fire Bites……….
Protein Pancake – 5 pts
Did the Jillian Michael’s 30 DAY SHRED Level 1 Work Out, followed by 20 minutes of elliptical and 20 minutes of inclines!
Whey Protein Fruit Smoothie – 2 pts
1 cup spaghetti squash, 1 cup roasted veggies, 1/4 cup alfredo sauce – 2 pts
Fiber One Bar – 4 pts
Cream Of Wheat – 3 pts
Tons of errands with the kids, so dinner was out of the grocery store…. Power Bar – 6 pts (Tasted like Candy! So good!)
And a serving of these – 3 pts
When I finally got home after a long day…. I had a snack cup of sugar free pudding…. 2 pts
Okay—- I’m up to date! Heading out to the gym to get this Friday started!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!
© 2011, Fire Lites Fire. All rights reserved.